Many people and organizations work on restoring and recreating migration routes for fish. The international Happy Fish symbol was unveiled on World Fish Migration Day 2016 at the Headquarters in Washington DC with the clear goal to connect these people and organizations all working on improving fish migration. The Happy Fish © is the ultimate symbol for people, organizations and projects that aim to recreate free migration for fish populations and it is our hope that it will be incorporated into many special events that educate the public about the importance of fish migration.
Therefor the Happy Fish symbol will travel to unique fish passage projects across the world. The Happy Fish symbol will start its travels in the United States of America. In the first year it will travel to four different locations and project sites in the USA. The following year, the Happy Fish symbol will travel to projects in other countries, educating citizens around the world about the importance of free fish migration.
Read more information and background on the Happy Fish.
Where will the Happy Fish go:
Happy Fish attended the Fish Passage Conference 2017 held in Corvallis, Oregon, on the 19-21st of June. That was its final visit after a rich and successful year migrating through the United States of America. Now Happy Fish will soon be heading towards new adventures and fish passage celebrations in Australia!
Where has the Happy Fish already been?
Happy Fish has visited 14 great events in USA in 2016 and 2017, from river clean-up to restoration works or even dam removal.
- June 19-12, 2017, Fish Passage Conference, Corvallis (OR, United States)
- May 2017, Fort Goff Creek and Iron Gate Dam in Klamath Basin, (CA, United States)
- April 2017, Truckee River, Reno (NV, United States)
- March 2017, Green River project (KY, United States)
- November 2016, Fish Technology Center in Bozeman (Montana, United States)
- November 2016, Culvert in the San Luis Valley of Colorado (Colorado, United States)
- September 2016, USFWS Public Affairs Workshop in Denver (Colorado, United States)
- July 11-18, 2016, River clean-up with the Town of Exeter (Exeter, NH, United States)
- June 26 - July 10, Coastal Program in Great Bay (New Hampshire, United States)
- June 20, 2016, Fish Passage Conference (Amherst, United States)
- June 14, 2016, Opening of the Howland Fishway in the Penobscot River (Maine, United States)
- May 25, 2016, WWF-US Headquarter (Washington DC, United States)
- May 22, 2016, Patagonia shop, Head Quarter WFMD 2016 (Washington DC, United States)
- May 21, 2016, WFMD Kick-off (Washington DC, United States)
How to get the Happy Fish symbol to your site or project
If you are interested in having the Happy Fish symbol at one of your sites or projects, you can send a request to the World Fish Migration Foundation using the contact form listed below.