The international Happy Fish symbol was unveiled on World Fish Migration Day 2016 at the Headquarters in Washington DC as a means to connect organizations working on improving fish migration. The Happy Fish © is the ultimate symbol for people, organizations and projects aiming to restore migration routes for fish populations. It is our hope that it will be incorporated into many special events and locations that educate the public about the importance of fish migration.
Therefore, the Happy Fish symbol will travel to unique fish passage projects across the world. The Happy Fish symbol first started its travels in the United States of America. It has now traveled to 16 different locations educating citizens about the importance of free fish migration. We anticipate that the Happy Fish will travel to even more countries around the world this year and through World Fish Migration Day 2020.
Read more information and background on the Happy Fish.
Where will the Happy Fish go:
The Happy Fish is free to travel! Currently, it is on display overlooking a big river at the Norrie Point Environmental Center in New York. Check here for updates on its travels and look for it at a location near you!
Where has the Happy Fish already been?
Happy Fish has visited 16 great locations in the USA in 2016-2018, from river clean-up to restoration works or even dam removal.
- December 8, 2018,Norrie point Environmental Centre (NY, United States)
- November 29, 2018, Hudson River Estuary (NY, United States)
- June 19-12, 2017, Fish Passage Conference, Corvallis (OR, United States)
- May 2017, Fort Goff Creek and Iron Gate Dam in Klamath Basin, (CA, United States)
- April 2017, Truckee River, Reno (NV, United States)
- March 2017, Green River project (KY, United States)
- November 2016, Fish Technology Center in Bozeman (Montana, United States)
- November 2016, Culvert in the San Luis Valley of Colorado (Colorado, United States)
- September 2016, USFWS Public Affairs Workshop in Denver (Colorado, United States)
- July 11-18, 2016, River clean-up with the Town of Exeter (Exeter, NH, United States)
- June 26 - July 10, Coastal Program in Great Bay (New Hampshire, United States)
- June 20, 2016, Fish Passage Conference (Amherst, United States)
- June 14, 2016, Opening of the Howland Fishway in the Penobscot River (Maine, United States)
- May 25, 2016, WWF-US Headquarter (Washington DC, United States)
- May 22, 2016, Patagonia shop, Head Quarter WFMD 2016 (Washington DC, United States)
- May 21, 2016, WFMD Kick-off (Washington DC, United States)
How to get the Happy Fish symbol to your site or project
If you are interested in having the Happy Fish symbol at one of your sites or projects, you can send a request to the World Fish Migration Foundation using the contact form listed below.